Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cebuanos in London: Olympics 2012 a Cebuano Experience

Juanita Laviña- Plaza
I would say they are very lucky. Witnessing the most amazing opening of the 2012 Olympics and looking forward to watching the sports each day is a different experience. Everything in the opening was awesome, I was even more thrilled knowing that there are people in the crowd that I know. I felt them.

My sister-in-law, Juanita Laviña- Plaza, made it among the performers, she wasn't only there, she was actually part of the whole show.  How lucky she is,  lucky girl indeed! Sissy, I hope you can share your story one of these days.

Leonel Torres Plaza
They represent the Filipinos, like the athletes they too wave the Philippine flag the best way they could. I'm pretty sure their inner souls screamed to death at the sight of the Philippine delegation marching onwards or perhaps they were literally screaming. We cannot deny the fact that the Filipino blood that flows within our veins seemed thicker this time. We just wanted the whole world to know that we exist. Perhaps they were nodding on their seat-mates flaunting the flag. I know these guys have more to tell. I hope to read them one day.

My brother, Leonel Torres Plaza, was photo-documenting.  I shared some of his awesome shots on my FACEBOOK wall.  I was jealous (who wouldn't anyway) with the pictures but I am very proud of them all.

Michelle Jade
Michelle Jade was there too!  As a flight attendant of Emirates Airline and knowing how tight her schedules are she managed to drop by.  She got into one of the most perfect view overlooking the bridge and there you go, another perfect and stunning shot.  She looks pretty and lovely as always.

Of course Adrian Luke Aranas was there too!  I was thrilled with all his FACEBOOK updates.  Despite the rains Ian and friends (just like the rest) endure it after-all the cause was all worth it. 

OMG, thoughts are clouding my mind now but one prevails, that is to see more and more pictures of the events each day.  Souvenirs of the structures with the sunset or perhaps sunrise.  That will be more than enough to tell their stories.

Cheers, to you proud Cebuanos!  As I said this is all worth opening a 1957 vintage wine, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers