Tuesday, December 27, 2011

AS Fortuna after the heavy rains on Dec. 26 and 27

I remembered 11 years ago when I was so much younger I used to pass by here bound to some client calls. One time I was caught by a heavy traffic near Norkis Trading I was so adamant to reach back to the office; only to find out that the water level near the AS Fortuna's Shell Station was high enough to cause the traffic.

That was 11 years ago when Mandaue City was managed by the old administration.  Being young means being so pre-occupied with somethings else other than floods and other economical situations, so naturally I cared less about it.  Yet that was 11 years ago.


When I moved into the City, to my surprise the problem still exists.  Amazing, how people careless about it especially those who are duty-bound to do so.  It wasn't just like yesterday when they had this problem, it was so long ago but what happened now?

That was the longest rain that I can remember for this year.  Two long days of heavy rains, heavy enough to overflow the drainage system AS Fortuna.


I waited for awhile as I watched the passersby.  I couldn't make a U-Turn with congested cars beside me.


When will we ever change?  Who's to blame on all these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers