Sunday, December 2, 2012

National Thanksgiving of San Pedro Calungsod

Alas, the long wait is here....November 30, 2012 was marked in the calendar by Millions of Filipinos...not to mention majority of them were Cebuanos all over the world.  It's now time for the National Thanksgiving of San Pedro Calungsod and many formed part of the pilgrimage.

We were one of them...we took turns standing...sitting...waiting for the mass to start.  It was an overwhelming moment and many hearts were overjoyed.  Some were singing...some were raising their San Pedro Icons...and some were busy appreciating the presence of many believers... We gained more friends and we realized that faith matters most despite the hot weather condition.

I was very young then during the times of World Youth Day so I can only hear what people said...for them the National Thanksgiving is another event similar to the World Youth Day...I can only nod while I imagine those overwhelming situations.

There were mixed emotions witnessed that day.  I saw a cancer patient with so much hope it crushed my heart to see him yet I was grateful for the perseverance he showed and how much faith he had for the new Saint.  I saw young lads who I couldn't imagine would be there rather than be at the malls and be with another group of individuals their age.  I saw a family tightly hugging each other with so much joy and celebrating togetherness as they hear the mass.  There were more...more that I can't say them all.  Nonetheless, the sight that I saw was really a wonderful sight to behold.

I commend to the overall committee for the successful celebration of the National Thanksgiving Mass...it was a job well done.  May God be with us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers