Sunday, December 2, 2012

Anointing of the New San Pedro Calungsod Chapel

At the heart of the new City built by SM Primeholdings lies a new chapel named after the newly canonized saint San Pedro Calungsod.

In most of the times that I pass by SRP (South Reclamation Properties) I can only glance at the side where the new structure is built...they said that it is soon to be chapel of San Pedro.  If not for the saintly nun Sister Raquel, who wanted to give me a car pass I wouldn't be there... not on it's first day of public opening and anointing.

I arrived at the chapel few minutes before San Predro.  It was a blessing in disguise...the first thought that came across my mind.  What was initially planned as a car-pass-pick-up-moment turned out to be a hearing-the-mass-and-witnessing-the anointing-time.  My heart leaped with too much excitement.


Above is the image of the altar...with Rev. Father Junie Tupas as the appointed Chapel Chaplain holding onto the relics with another image of the priests and bishops marching to the alter for the mass.

Now there will be more reasons to visit SRP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bloggers.com

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers